Friday 22 February 2013

An Interview with Author CJ Sullivan




This week I have been speaking to Texas-based author CJ Sullivan about her Wings of the Divided trilogy and how she got into writing, self-publishing and angels. 
Can you start by telling readers a little about yourself?
I'm approaching 30. I've been writing all my life. I only recently decided to take the indie publishing route after having a few things traditionally published. I have tonnes of interests, which are always shifting. Right now I'm really into studying Feng Shui and being in the present moment. It really helps with anxiety.
Can you tell us how you got into writing?
I started writing stories just for fun as a little girl to entertain myself and my family. My parents were probably the biggest influence at the time. They encouraged me to keep writing, so I did. I think parental support is one of the most crucial things for believing in yourself and starting life off on a positive note. So if you have kids, always encourage them to do the things they love.

Can you tell us about your first novel in your current trilogy, Wings of the Divided, for those who have not read it? What is it about?
This novel is the first in a trilogy. It's my take on angels. It's the beginning of an epic tale that ends up taking the readers on a journey out into the universe. Book one takes place on Earth and starts the ball rolling. Though it centres on Fallen angel Laphelle, you also get to peek into the personal lives on a few of the other angels as well.

What inspired you to write a paranormal tale like this? What influenced the characters? Are they based on anyone you know?
I'd always been fascinated with angels. At the time I wrote it, not many books had been written with angels as the central characters. I started the trilogy a decade ago. The characters just kind of made themselves. I know it sounds strange, but it's almost like they were just out there already developed, waiting for me to put them into a story. A few of my human characters are based on people I know. For instance, Clark is completely based on a younger version of my brother Clark.

 Is there anything that you are working on at the moment and can you tell us a little bit about it?
I am going through the manuscript for book three and getting it ready for publication sometimes before the summer. I can't tell you about it because it might give away the secrets of Book one!

No comments:

Post a Comment